Free Jazz





For many years I have tryed to collect enough courage to make expressionistic paintings which would try to express the feeling of improvisation to the purest. I have tryed learning to understand jazz music and improvisation for about ten years now and I think I have listened for thousands of hours of jazz while painting in the studio. Most of my paintings are colourfield hard-edge-paintings but for the last two years I have been seeking for different kind of way of painting with total freedom to do whatever - to improvise and to express freedom! Of course it is impossible but worth trying I think.










Jan Garbarek, John Coltrane and Keith Jarrett among others have been my so called 'room - mates' at the studio when working there night and day in the hot summers and cold winters drinking coffee with milk and sugar. I dont know better company than them besides my family I sometimes have to go away from - to paint in solitude with those great improvisers. I listen to other music to like The Ramones and Arvo Pärt. The paintings are not good enough to make any kind of real comparison to the people I have mentioned here. The music has still and anyway been important stimulation to me to motivate and get ideas. It is still.








Up Above

The shape of paint to come

Oil on plexiglass 2010

middle

Dark interwalls

Oil on cardboard 2010

below

Hommage to Lee de Koonitz

Oil on plexiglass 2010

Kommentit

Lähetä kommentti

Suositut tekstit