Standards Series: You Must Believe In Spring (2019)

For some reason I have come up with titles of jazz - standards for my works for years now. Maybe because there is a certain abstract feel to those songs - music is abstract right - and jazz particularly?! I have listened to jazz a lot since the early 2000 - but my awareness to standards has grown from the last 10 years time listening almost every morning to Radio 1 in Finland. I have never heard of Bill Evans -song 'You Must Believe In Spring' from the radio, but I have listened to it since 2001 when I started 'serious' art studies. Now while I'm writing this, I learned that the song is actually from a musical (The Young Girls of Rochefort) and the music is composed by Michel LeGrand, a great personal favorite of mine too! 'The Windmills Of Your Mind' is for me one of the greatest songs ever written (Dusty Springfield - version is total killer). Standards are amazing, they are timeless shit. These paintings are actually made out of leftover paints from other works, bigger paintings of the series 'Global Dada'. Maybe next You will see those here, but not yet. I have to finish them for you first, and that might take a while. Unfortunately I have some work to do that obstruct me from doing what I would really want to concentrate on (painting/music). Till that time, 'You must Believe In Spring' - year after year!
YMBIS 2
YMBIS 4
YMBIS 3
YMBIS 5
YMBIS 1
YMBIS 6

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit