Try-Out in Barker Theatre Turku, Improvisations

Artist (nearly always)pays... I've been having a vacation from painting but finally - now I needed/wanted to give it a try in public space. I haven't exhibited my paintings for two years now - but this chance was too easy and close and simple to turn away from. My studio is next to this place 'lämpiö, foyer, lobby, green room in Barker Theatre. I was given a permission to hang my works there the way I wanted - the way I like it - and whatever I wanted - so here's what happened. I dont give them (the Theatre) money for exhibiting my art - and that's how it should be in the gallery's in Finland - like in any other civilised country in the planet. I pay for the studio and the materials, and I do my work on my own 'free time'. Should I pay for showing it to the world, and mayby I should also pay for the people who want to take my paintings to their homes. Sometimes that is nearly the case... (People in the pictures are there because they wanted to and are working or visiting in the Theatre - and by the way - they have no immediate link to the paintings on the walls - or to the text you are/were reading above).http://barkerteatteri.fi/joomla/ /> Painting is in situation - always?! Now that 'We' have 3D movies and Ipads, painting is once again confronting great challenges - but In my mind there is no problem. Painting is first of all for the painter her - or him-self to enjoy, and after that for the other viewers. Why this exhibition is called Improvisations? Painting to me is improvising more or less all the time. And hanging an exhibitions can be - and change - the mood of the paintings totally - depending on the location and situation in space - and in time. The act to paint is (almost) always improvisational. If You want to see the work in situ - the exhibition is running till 25. of May 2013 in Barker Theatre Lämpiö/lobby and is open when there is a show running - see details from http://barkerteatteri.fi/joomla/ Enjoy!

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit